George McDonagh is a multi-award winning freelancer podcast producer with experience working for brands such as The Jockey Club, BBC Radio 1 and BT Sport. He currently makes audio projects for Pixiu and Editorial Intelligence He’s produced a documentary for BBC Radio 1, developed the idea for and launched a podcast for The Jockey Club and led Smoke Radio to winning Best Station in the country at the 2015 Student Radio Awards. He has also picked up an international radio drama award for a radio drama he directed, and records on location and edits for the Royal Horticulture Society’s Gardening Podcast. Experienced with Zoom, Tascam, Marantz recording equipment, edits using Adobe Audition and Protools. Trained with playout systems P-Squared Myriad and Zetta. Available to work on a daily or ad hoc basis. Also available to work on programmes or podcasts.
Assistant Podcast Producer | Pixiu July 2018 - Present
Works with a number of brands including BT Sport, Amazing If and The RHS to develop, produce and grow a variety of podcast styles.
Podcast Producer | Editorial Intelligence Feb 2018 - Present
Produces podcast 'The Human and The Machine', by Editorial Intelligence. Responsibilities include:
• Writing script for each show.
• Editing together podcast, working with audio recorded both in studio and on location. Also mixing in clips and music.
• Attending recording sessions in studio and advising on editorial direction of show. Using own equipment (Zoom H4n and AT8004L Mic) to record with guests on location.
Studio Technician | dn&co March 2017 - Present
• Set up all broadcast quality equipment independently.
• Advises and consults clients on content and how to improve recording. Trains in recording technique.
Studio Manager/Producer | Monocle24 August 2016 - March 2019
Oversaw weekend output for 2 years and worked across all station output, major responsibilities were:
• Produced Sunday Brunch: Developed the idea from inception to publication, wrote scripts, booked guests, managed logistics, commissioned items. Studio managed and produced live show.
• Produced and edited Meet The Writers - seeing the show’s listenership increase by 20%.
• Co-ordinated outside broadcasts from the Monocle Christmas Market and Zürich - working with studio managers on location to broadcast for up to 8 hours a time.
• Ran the desk for fast pace live news shows, using a combination of ISDN, ipDTL, Skype, phone and studio lines simultaneously..
• Edited together interviews, podcasts, and mixed short features for broadcast using Adobe Audition. Produced items for spinoff shows.
Ad Hoc Producer | podium.me January 2017 - December 2017
• Produced a BBC Radio 1 documentary on the Madlove movement, broadcast in December 2017. Recorded interviews, mixed whole doc, and wrote scripts.
Podcast Producer | The Jockey Club Sept 2015 - Sept 2017
• Piloted and introduced the Love The Jumps podcast, a weekly podcast that covered horse racing.
• Developed structure for and edited each episode to a tight deadline.
• Produced a three part spinoff to celebrate 350 years of Newmarket.
CLICK ICON TO EMAIL OR CALL
Production / own kit / 5+ years of experience / editing / mixing